We are a fun, passionate, and growing Pilates studio looking for the perfect Pilates instructor to join our team!
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with experience teaching Pilates – both mat and apparatus – and preferably with a comprehensive teaching certificate. (If you are an experienced fitness instructor and interested in learning Pilates – please still apply – you might still be a good fit)
- Someone who is engaging and outgoing, and knows how to really lead and command a room
- Someone who is excited to sell themselves and our services – you will be very involved in educating and helping clients make decisions about continuing (or beginning) their Pilates journey with us
- Someone who is passionate about health, wellness, and fitness
- Someone who sees the glass half full and enjoys helping clients do the same
- Someone who embraces and drives change and can keep up with the flow
- Someone who understands and delivers WOW customer service
- Someone who believes in our company’s vision and will be an ambassador to our brand
- Someone who is familiar with – or can quickly adapt to – using Peak Pilates and Basil apparatus
- Someone who is upbeat, fun and works as a team player
- Someone who can take direction and feedback well
- Someone who is not attached to their particular form of Pilates training and who is open-minded (and excited) about learning new and innovative ways to use Pilates
- Someone who loves and strives to always be learning
- Someone who is familiar with using social medial platforms like Facebook and Instagram and who will represent and support our brand using these avenues.
- Someone who is super excited about this job after reading all of this and who loves the idea of learning, growing and expanding their knowledge-base!
To be most successful in this position you must:
- Have experience teaching Pilates on mat and various apparatus and/or be an experienced fitness instructor who is driven and willing to learn comprehensive Pilates
- Be a team player
- Embrace our practice’s mission: To help people make the best decisions about their health while creating a positive experience
- Adhere to our Core Values in every interaction you have with both clients and other team members. (People First, Patient Second; Deliver WOW Customer Service; Anticipate Unstated Needs; Embrace and Drive Change; Pursue Growth and Learning; Be Passionate and Humble; Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff; Be Classy; Laugh and have Fun; Connect Emotionally)
- Be reliable and available to teach early mornings, or evenings weekdays and /or a weekend day. You should also be available and flexible to sub for other instructors as needed during the week.
- Be willing to learn. We will train you for the skills that are needed to be successful in this position but you must be open and willing to take in new information and critiques.
- Understand that this is a people-first atmosphere and that our client’s experience always comes first
What we’ve got for you:
- The chance to work with a team of fun, hard-working and passionate women (right now we are a team of strong females!)
- An environment where you are encouraged to be yourself and infuse your personality into your work
- The opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives and health.
- A part-time position with room for growth in a vibrant, classical Pilates studio in the beautiful Smithtown!
- Competitive pay (based on experience and skill-set)
- The chance to learn things you WON’T learn in a typical comprehensive teacher training program, and work alongside incredibly professional and top-tier instructors.
Think you’re a good fit? If so, complete the form below to apply for this position. We look forward to getting to know you!